Island Charm ‘OC’ has pure white flowers with yellow petal flares and yellow in the lip. It was awarded a Judges’ Commendation from the American Orchid Society for its distinctive characteristics that the judges felt should be recognized. The 4” fragrant flowers bloom in summer and the flowers last 2 weeks or more. There are usually 2-3 flowers per spike. We ship blooming size plants that should flower this year.
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||50|
|Plant Type||Easy Grower, Fragrant|
Tips for Success:
• They grow from rhizomes with the newest growth creating
the next flowers or re-bloom.
• High light is one of the keys to creating flower buds to form.
• Grow in some direct sunlight.
• Maintain root health. Adhere to proper watering.
• Allowing the potting media to dry down between waterings
and then thoroughly saturate.
• These varieties need higher light than Phalaenopsis.