‘Raspberry Torte’ is a new Logee’s exclusive rex begonia with spiraled leaves that show-off bands of silver and raspberry. The serrated edges undulate with color and the black-to-green veining has dimension and texture. The short leaf stems make this compact grower a prized begonia for any partially sunlit windowsill.
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||60|
|Plant Type||Good for a Hanging Basket|
Tips for Success:
• Place in good light; some direct sunlight is needed.
• Accurate watering – Bring plant to a slight wilt between
• Moderate fertilizer once a month. Stop fertilizer in the winter.
• Keep humidity above 50% and night temperatures above
• Growth cycle slows and stops for 2-3 months in the winter.
Plants can lose some leaves during this resting period.
This is normal. Continue normal watering.
• Use terra cotta or clay pots.
• Keep an eye out for mildew to which Rexes have some
• Identify - Appears as a white powder on the surface of the
leaves, usually at the change of seasons.
• Treatment - Apply a baking soda solution -1Tbl/quart with a
dribble of dishwashing detergent.
• Application - Spray at first signs and reapply every other day for
• Prevention - Spray once every 3 months. Pure Neem Oil is
effective on mildew.
Just beautiful! Review by Ginger
How do you rate this product?
Received my plant yesterday, and was so excited! It's been on backorder, so I've been anticipating its arrival. The plant is gorgeous, and was packed very well, for safe shipping! I'm looking forward to watching this beauty grow, and adding to my new collection of begonias! (Posted on 6/14/2016)