Big, bold 5” flowers are highly fragrant with a delicious rose scent. The rose-colored blooms have frilly petal edges and a deep burgundy lip with yellow highlights. There are often 2-4 blossoms on a spike and the flowers last 2-3 weeks. It often blooms in both spring and fall and can be grown in direct morning sun but needs partial shade in the afternoon. This is a blooming size plant. Many are shipped in sheath so they they will bloom within a few months.
|Bloom Season||Fall, Spring|
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||50|
|Plant Type||Easy Grower, Fragrant|
Tips for Success:
• They grow from rhizomes with the newest growth creating
the next flowers or re-bloom.
• High light is one of the keys to creating flower buds to form.
• Grow in some direct sunlight.
• Maintain root health. Adhere to proper watering.
• Allowing the potting media to dry down between waterings
and then thoroughly saturate.
• These varieties need higher light than Phalaenopsis.