Delicate, white, 4” flowers have fancy pink lips and a lovely fragrance. ‘Doris’ is easy to grow and bloom and recommended for beginning orchid enthusiasts. There are usually 3-5 flowers per spike on a mature plant and flowers last 2-4 weeks. It often blooms at least twice a year, usually spring and fall if grown in good light. We ship blooming size plants not necessarily in spike.
|Bloom Season||Fall, Spring|
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||50|
|Plant Type||Easy Grower, Fragrant|
Tips for Success:
• They grow from rhizomes with the newest growth creating
the next flowers or re-bloom.
• High light is one of the keys to creating flower buds to form.
• Grow in some direct sunlight.
• Maintain root health. Adhere to proper watering.
• Allowing the potting media to dry down between waterings
and then thoroughly saturate.
• These varieties need higher light than Phalaenopsis.