Here’s another exclusive cattleya hybrid from George Hausermann. Similar to Hagan’s Ace ‘Mandarin Orange,’ Turner’s Ace ‘Tropical Treasure’ was bred as a cut flower variety for maximum bloom size and “wow” factor. The large 6” flowers open as white-lavender and after the first week change to vibrant sunset orange petals with a frilly burgundy-red lip. There are often 2-6 large flowers on the initial spike with flowers lasting 2-4 weeks. This vigorous grower can put on 3-4 new growths each year that will generate flower spikes the following year. It tends to bloom during the spring and fall.
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||50|
|Plant Type||Easy Grower|
Tips for Success:
• They grow from rhizomes with the newest growth creating
the next flowers or re-bloom.
• High light is one of the keys to creating flower buds to form.
• Grow in some direct sunlight.
• Maintain root health. Adhere to proper watering.
• Allowing the potting media to dry down between waterings
and then thoroughly saturate.
• These varieties need higher light than Phalaenopsis.