Bougainvilleas - Spectacular color, foliage and form attract gardeners to bougainvilleas. We grow over 20 varieties.
How to Flower Bougainvilleas:
• Bring to a wilt between waterings.
• Give full sun.
• As seasons change, they respond to increase and decrease in day length.
• Flowers form on the growing tips, so don’t prune until after flowering.
One Way to Winter Over Bougainvilleas:
• Keep in an above-freezing cold spot. Bougainvilleas will go into a dormancy, dropping leaves.
• Store in a cold attic or basement with little light.
• Water once or twice through the winter.
• In spring, move them into a sunny window and start culturing them again; soon they will come into flower.
• Once blooming cycle ends, prune severely in late winter or after heavy flowering cycle. Or prune leads selectively anytime growth is excessive.