Cape Primrose is one of the easiest plants for the indoor or windowsill gardener. It’s a wonderful flowering houseplant often blooming up to 12 months of the year. “Purple Panda” is a new David Thompson hybrid with lovely twotone blossoms. The upper petals are bright white with dark purple netting at the outer edge. The three lower petals have purple lobes with distinctive dark purple netting and bright white edges. It’s simply spectacular when in full bloom! Grow in a light soil mix, allow to dry out between waterings, and apply a well-balanced, liquid fertilizer monthly. You’ll be delighted with this year-round bloomer.
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun, Shade|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||50|
|Plant Type||Easy Grower|
Tips for Success:
Also known as "Cape Primrose", Streptocarpus are easy-to-grow, colorful and can bloom year-round if the right cultural conditions are met.
• Grow in partial sun to shade.
• Keep temperatures above 50°F.
• Water accurately; allow soil to become visually dry between
• Never allow cold water to touch the leaves.
• Go easy on the fertilizer – just once or twice a month with
a dilute solution.