A deep red flower color that captures the senses with its alluring presence against a backdrop of long textured green leaves. The edges have a white outline and the throat shines with white striping. As with other Cape Primroses, grow in a partial sunlit or shady locations for year-round blooms. A David Thompson hybrid.
|Hardiness Zone||9, 10|
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun, Shade|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||50|
Tips for Success:
Also known as "Cape Primrose", Streptocarpus are easy-to-grow, colorful and can bloom year-round if the right cultural conditions are met.
• Grow in partial sun to shade.
• Keep temperatures above 50°F.
• Water accurately; allow soil to become visually dry between
• Never allow cold water to touch the leaves.
• Go easy on the fertilizer – just once or twice a month with
a dilute solution.