Deep, dark blue blossoms have white upper lobes with dark blue webbing throughout. There’s deep purple veining in the throat of each blossom and the undersides are white. Like most Cape Primroses, it’s easy-to-grow and excellent for home culture. ‘Remembering John’ will flower well on a partially sunlit window or under fluorescent lighting. Streps like to be pot bound so it can remain in a 4” pot for years. A recent David Thompson introduction.
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||50|
Tips for Success:
Also known as "Cape Primrose", Streptocarpus are easy-to-grow, colorful and can bloom year-round if the right cultural conditions are met.
• Grow in partial sun to shade.
• Keep temperatures above 50°F.
• Water accurately; allow soil to become visually dry between
• Never allow cold water to touch the leaves.
• Go easy on the fertilizer – just once or twice a month with
a dilute solution.