A most unusual color form, ‘Salmon Sunset’ has pinkish-orange blooms and creamy-yellow throats with rays of dark burgundy that emanate from the center. This David Thompson hybrid is a prolific bloomer and makes a wonderful flowering windowsill plant that blooms most of the year. The trumpet-shaped flowers rise above the foliage on short stems creating a pleasing display.
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun, Shade|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||50|
Tips for Success:
Also known as "Cape Primrose", Streptocarpus are easy-to-grow, colorful and can bloom year-round if the right cultural conditions are met.
• Grow in partial sun to shade.
• Keep temperatures above 50°F.
• Water accurately; allow soil to become visually dry between
• Never allow cold water to touch the leaves.
• Go easy on the fertilizer – just once or twice a month with
a dilute solution.