Are you looking for an orchid to create a spectacular display or showpiece? Cattleya Bactia ‘Grape Wax’ can grow 2’ tall and have upwards of 12 flowers per stem with multiple spikes on mature plants. The violet flowers are generally 4-5” across and they are very fragrant with a spicy, sweet scent. The flowers hold on the plant for up to 3 weeks. ‘Grape Wax’ grows well in pots or slat wood baskets. This is a blooming size plant in a 6” pot.
|Bloom Season||Fall, Spring|
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||50|
|Plant Type||Easy Grower, Fragrant|
Tips for Success:
• They grow from rhizomes with the newest growth creating
the next flowers or re-bloom.
• High light is one of the keys to creating flower buds to form.
• Grow in some direct sunlight.
• Maintain root health. Adhere to proper watering.
• Allowing the potting media to dry down between waterings
and then thoroughly saturate.
• These varieties need higher light than Phalaenopsis.