This exclusive George Hausermann cattleya hybrid was bred as a cut flower variety for maximum bloom size and “wow” factor. The large 5-6” fragrant flowers have salmon-orange petals with vibrant magenta lips. There are often 4-5 large flowers on the initial spike with flowers lasting 3-4 weeks. This vigorous grower can put on 2-5 new growths each year which will generate flower spikes the following year. It tends to bloom during the spring and fall but when grown in a greenhouse ‘Mandarin Orange’ can be a year-round bloomer. This is a compact plant in a 4” pot.
|Bloom Season||Fall, Spring|
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||50|
|Plant Type||Easy Grower, Fragrant|
Tips for Success:
• They grow from rhizomes with the newest growth creating
the next flowers or re-bloom.
• High light is one of the keys to creating flower buds to form.
• Grow in some direct sunlight.
• Maintain root health. Adhere to proper watering.
• Allowing the potting media to dry down between waterings
and then thoroughly saturate.
• These varieties need higher light than Phalaenopsis.