Container Grown Citrus
Citrus Grown in Pots
Keep the root systems healthy and active. A period of dryness helps stimulate flowers and fruiting. Mimic Florida’s climate- wet summers and dry fall/winters.
Most important for potted citrus:
• Full sun and high light. The more the better.
• For faster growth and an active root system, grow them warm.
• Do not over pot.
• Grow in clay pots for optimum root health.
• Fertilize spring through fall.
• High light aids in flowering and fruiting.
• Fertilize in growing season 1-2 times a month.
• Water when the soil is visually dry or at first signs of wilt.