An heirloom variety that takes the summer heat, flowering for us well into the summer. Known as P. fulgidum, a species from West Africa, the blooms are a brilliant vermilion red with a black center that jumps out from the soft green foliage. The aromatic leaves are held upright on an open and spreading growth habit.
|Bloom Season||Spring, Summer|
|Sun Requirement||Full Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||35|
Tips for Success:
• Give full sun. Plants perform better under warm temperatures.
• Dry out between watering.The older cultivars can suffer in
soggy wet soil.
• Potting mix should be open and well drained. Add more
perlite to the mix to help increase air and reduce root stress.
• Avoid cool damp conditions.
• Best to grow in a clay pot or an open container,
not plastic or glazed ceramic.
• Growing Scented Geraniums In Containers