Watch and be amazed as this hybrid blooms in one color and then completely change colors as the flower ages. The 8" blooms open in rich tones of purple and orange and over a day or two change to lighter and finer color patterns. A fine deep red veining accents the multi-colored petals and under high light it flowers continuously with an upright yet contained habit.
|Sun Requirement||Full Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||60|
Tips for Success:
• Sun, sun and more sun.
• They are warm-growing plants and suffer if subjected to
cool temperatures over extended periods. As a rule, keep
temperatures above 65°F, especially in the winter.
• Water on visual soil dryness or plant wilt. Severe wilt can hurt
them. Careful watering is critical during the winter or anytime
when the light level is low and temperatures are cool.
• Under high light and warm temperatures they are
heavy feeders and need a balanced fertilizer applied
on a regular basis. A fertilizer like Dyna Gro “Grow” 7-9-5 will
help induce blooms.
• Flowering varies widely between varieties. Full sun, warm
temperatures, a balanced fertilizer and careful attention to
watering will produce the best results for your hibiscus.
• Care and Culture of Hibiscus