This mini cattleya hybrid only grows 6-8” tall so it’s ideal for a bright windowsill or light garden. ‘Shimanai’ has 3” white flowers with a bluish-purple lip and blue overtones on the petals. The fragrant flowers last 2-3 weeks and there are usually 2-3 blooms per spike. ‘Shimanai’ is an easy grower that blooms at a young age. We ship blooming size plants not necessarily in spike.
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||50|
|Plant Type||Easy Grower, Fragrant|
Tips for Success:
• They grow from rhizomes with the newest growth creating
the next flowers or re-bloom.
• High light is one of the keys to creating flower buds to form.
• Grow in some direct sunlight.
• Maintain root health. Adhere to proper watering.
• Allowing the potting media to dry down between waterings
and then thoroughly saturate.
• These varieties need higher light than Phalaenopsis.