An easy-to-grow orchid cactus that evokes tropical paradise with its name alone, ‘Hawaii.’ The brilliant orange blossoms have a darker orange midstripe and they grace its cactus-like foliage in the spring flowering season. Grow in a hanging basket for the best display of blooms. Orchid cactus are forgiving to neglectful watering.
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||35|
Tips for Success:
• Totally restrict water from November until buds begin to appear
in late winter/early spring; begin watering at this time.
• Keep nighttime temperatures from the mid 50°’s to
high 30°'s during the winter.
• Blooms open sequentially over 2-3 weeks in the spring.
• Increase moisture and fertilizer in the summertime.
• Flowers form off of last years growth of summer.
• Only prune after flowering.
• Use a well drained, porous potting mix.