These spectacular flowers are really ‘Over the Top’! The heart of the large 7” flower has white at the base of the hot pink petals highlighted with a red mid-stripe. The next row of petals is dark pink with an orange overtone. The outer petals are bright orange with deep red edges. Orchid cacti are easy growers that bloom in spring. They are forgiving of forgetful watering but remember to give cool nighttime temperatures during the winter to initiate bloom.
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||35|
|Plant Type||Easy Grower, Fragrant, Good for a Hanging Basket|
Tips for Success:
• Totally restrict water from November until buds begin to appear
in late winter/early spring; begin watering at this time.
• Keep nighttime temperatures from the mid 50°’s to
high 30°'s during the winter.
• Blooms open sequentially over 2-3 weeks in the spring.
• Increase moisture and fertilizer in the summertime.
• Flowers form off of last years growth of summer.
• Only prune after flowering.
• Use a well drained, porous potting mix.