Large 7” blooms are striking with vibrant red outer petals and inner petals that have reddish-orange centers with magenta edges. It’s a fast grower and prolific bloomer. ‘Shimmer’ makes a magnificent showpiece when in full bloom during the spring season. To create these spectacular blooms make sure to grow it in a cool, dry place during the winter months.
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||35|
|Plant Type||Easy Grower, Good for a Hanging Basket|
Tips for Success:
• Totally restrict water from November until buds begin to appear
in late winter/early spring; begin watering at this time.
• Keep nighttime temperatures from the mid 50°’s to
high 30°'s during the winter.
• Blooms open sequentially over 2-3 weeks in the spring.
• Increase moisture and fertilizer in the summertime.
• Flowers form off of last years growth of summer.
• Only prune after flowering.
• Use a well drained, porous potting mix.