Considered a novelty phalaenopsis because of the striping on the petals, ‘Breezes’ has yellow flowers with red splashes throughout the petals and a red lip. The spikes typically reach up to 20” and the flowers are 3-4” across. The long-lasting blooms hold on the plant for 2-3 months. These are shipped in short spike.
|Bloom Season||Fall, Spring|
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||50|
|Plant Type||Easy Grower|
Tips for Success:
• Grow in an east or west window or under lights.
• Avoid growing areas with hot noon day sun.
• Bring the moss to near dryness between waterings,
then thoroughly saturate the moss (it’s better to under
water a little than over water).
• To bring into flower, subject the plant to temperatures in
the high to mid 50’s at night for a period of four weeks.
This is most easily done in the fall.
• Fertilize only lightly and then only during the active
growing season which is usually spring to fall.
• For long term growth, use a clay pot. Clay will ensure a
quicker drying time for the moss and in turn will keep
the roots healthy.