‘Magic Art’ is a rare orchid since it’s one of the few lightly fragrant phalaenopsis with a slight spicy scent. Its white blooms have splashes of light and dark pink throughout the petals and lip. ‘Magic Art’ is referred to as a “wild color” phalaenopsis. These wild colors are not stable and at times the colors will reverse. The reverse color for ‘Magic Art’ is burgundy with white petal edges. You could have two separate spikes with flowers of each color on the same plant! However, like nature itself, which color combination you get is unpredictable. The spikes reach up to 20” and the flower size can be up to 4” across. The long-lasting blooms hold on the plant for 2-3 months. These ‘Magic Art’ plants are shipped in short spike.
|Bloom Season||Fall, Spring|
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||50|
|Plant Type||Easy Grower|
Tips for Success:
• Grow in an east or west window or under lights.
• Avoid growing areas with hot noon day sun.
• Bring the moss to near dryness between waterings,
then thoroughly saturate the moss (it’s better to under
water a little than over water).
• To bring into flower, subject the plant to temperatures in
the high to mid 50’s at night for a period of four weeks.
This is most easily done in the fall.
• Fertilize only lightly and then only during the active
growing season which is usually spring to fall.
• For long term growth, use a clay pot. Clay will ensure a
quicker drying time for the moss and in turn will keep
the roots healthy.