How to Grow Phalaenopsis Orchids
• Grow in an east or west window or under lights.
• Avoid growing areas with hot noon day sun.
• Bring the moss to near dryness between waterings, then thoroughly saturate the moss (it’s better to under water a little than over water).
• To bring into flower, subject the plant to temperatures in the high to mid 50’s at night for a period of four weeks. This is most easily done in the fall.
• Fertilize only lightly and then only during the active growing season which is usually spring to fall.
• For long term growth, use a clay pot. Clay will ensure a quicker drying time for the moss and in turn will keep the roots healthy.