An Orchid Cactus with many virtues: unique foliage, free-blooming, and evening fragrance. The leaves, comprised of a series of deeply cut lobes create a saw-like tooth effect giving it the common name Ric Rac Cactus. Flowers arrive effortlessly from late summer through fall, and best of all, it's one species that doesn't need a winter chill to flower. The pure white 3½" blooms, backed by orange-bronze sepals and petals, open over many weeks. It makes an excellent subject for hanging containers.
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||35|
|Plant Type||Easy Grower, Fragrant, Good for a Hanging Basket|
Tips for Success:
• Totally restrict water from November until buds begin to appear
in late winter/early spring; begin watering at this time.
• Keep nighttime temperatures from the mid 50°’s to
high 30°'s during the winter.
• Blooms open sequentially over 2-3 weeks in the spring.
• Increase moisture and fertilizer in the summertime.
• Flowers form off of last years growth of summer.
• Only prune after flowering.
• Use a well drained, porous potting mix.
Drop dead gorgeous !!! Review by Cheryl
How do you rate this product?
Bought the Ric rac about two years ago, it was just one leaf. Now has several but I have one beatitful blossom!! The smell is unbelievable ! I want to post a photo but it's not available on here. Buy one you will not be disappointed !! Have patience though, your plant will take time to blossom because it's a baby. (Posted on 11/15/2015)