Here is the promise of charm and practicality in a single package. Meet Citrus limon ‘Ponderosa,’ The American Wonder Lemon. This plant will astonish all who receive it with both its beauty and unusual habit. The fun begins when the heavy surge of fragrant white flowers emerge each spring. Then tiny lemons appear. Wonder Lemons have the reputation for not knowing when “enough is enough.” They continue to grow to enormous proportions, often up to 5 lbs, even though the plant remains an easily manageable size.
|Sun Requirement||Full Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||50|
Container Grown Citrus
Keep the root systems healthy and active. A period of dryness helps stimulate flowers and fruiting. Mimic Florida’s climate- wet summers and dry fall/winters.
Most important for potted citrus:
• Full sun and high light. The more the better.
• For faster growth and an active root system,
grow them warm.
• Do not over pot.
• Grow in clay pots for optimum root health.
• Fertilize spring through fall.
• High light aids in flowering and fruiting.
• Fertilize in growing season 1-2 times a month.
• Water when the soil is visually dry or at first signs of wilt.