Thunbergia-How to Grow
Fast growing and showy in bloom, these tropical vines are excellent candidates for containers in any sunny location.
Tips for growing Thunbergia
1. Moderate to heavy feeders. Under high light and warm temperatures they can use fertilizer year-round.
2. For the best results grow in full sun.
3. T. grandiflora responds to a shortened day length. This iniates buds. Prune no later than August.
4. They are susceptible to spider mites, especially when plants are moved inside.
5. Many species are vines and need support with stake or trellis.
6. They are vigorous and often aggressive growers that can take hard pruings with ease. Best time to prune is after a flowering cycle is complete
7. T. grandiflora and T. laurifolia need temperatures above 60º when grown in the north.