This rare mini orchid has unusual variegated leaves with green centers and creamy yellow edges. Spikes of pinkish-purple flowers add a beautiful contrast to the variegated leaves and it often has 7-10 blooms per spike once the plant is mature. ‘Coffey’ is known for its stable variegation. It also has a tendency to double spike, which creates a sensational show. Flowers last 2 months or more. We ship blooming size plants not necessarily in spike.
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||50|
Tips for Success:
• Grow in an east or west window or under lights.
• Avoid growing areas with hot noon day sun.
• Bring the moss to near dryness between waterings,
then thoroughly saturate the moss (it’s better to under
water a little than over water).
• To bring into flower, subject the plant to temperatures in
the high to mid 50’s at night for a period of four weeks.
This is most easily done in the fall.
• Fertilize only lightly and then only during the active
growing season which is usually spring to fall.
• For long term growth, use a clay pot. Clay will ensure a
quicker drying time for the moss and in turn will keep
the roots healthy.