Large, huge, or enormous are just some of the words used to describe this Colocasia. Truly representative of Elephants Ears this Thai Giant is a variety that won’t disappoint you with is majestic grandeur. Each leaf will reach approximately 48” across. Use as a focal point in a garden or grow in a large pot to create a living green beauty on your patio. When given warmth and some sun its speed of growth is as amazing as its size. Don’t forget to feed it throughout the summer.
|Hardiness Zone||8, 9, 10|
|Sun Requirement||Full Sun, Partial Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||50|
|Plant Type||Easy Grower|
Tips for Success:
Fast and easy-to-grow the Taro Root is almost foolproof and the large leaves a pleasure to grow.
• Grow in full sun. The more sun the better, although they will
grow under varying light levels.
• Fertilize moderately but be consistent. Too much feed can
burn the foliage.
• In the summer water freely. They can be grown in water or at
the water's edge.
• For container and garden planting keep evenly moist.
• In winter, tubers can be dug and stored in a basement,
keeping some moisture around the root. Or grow inside as a
• How to Grow Elephant Ears (Colocasia)