This unique Elephant Ear comes from the breeding program of Dr. John Cho in Hawaii. The large, glossy green leaves develop a striking creamy-white band down the center of each leaf that radiates out into the side veins as the leaf matures creating a stunning specimen that’s attractive and eye-catching. There is also a distinct purple spot in the heart of each leaf. This new colocasia is a tightly clumping plant that’s ideal for a container or garden bed.
|Hardiness Zone||7, 8, 9, 10|
|Sun Requirement||Full Sun, Partial Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||50|
Tips for Success:
Fast and easy-to-grow the Taro Root is almost foolproof and the large leaves a pleasure to grow.
• Grow in full sun. The more sun the better, although they will
grow under varying light levels.
• Fertilize moderately but be consistent. Too much feed can
burn the foliage.
• In the summer water freely. They can be grown in water or at
the water's edge.
• For container and garden planting keep evenly moist.
• In winter, tubers can be dug and stored in a basement,
keeping some moisture around the root. Or grow inside as a