The famed "Red Orchid Cactus" with large, gaping, orange-red blossoms which open both night and day. This is one of the original varieties from which many hybrids have been made. It’s a heavy bloomer and easily flowered. Grow dry with cool nights from November until buds appear for the best show.
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||35|
|Plant Type||Easy Grower, Good for a Hanging Basket|
Tips for Success:
• Totally restrict water from November until buds begin to appear
in late winter/early spring; begin watering at this time.
• Keep nighttime temperatures from the mid 50°’s to
high 30°'s during the winter.
• Blooms open sequentially over 2-3 weeks in the spring.
• Increase moisture and fertilizer in the summertime.
• Flowers form off of last years growth of summer.
• Only prune after flowering.
• Use a well drained, porous potting mix.