One of our new, exclusive Logee’s hybrids, ‘Emerald Wave’ is a dynamic, deeply spiraled rex begonia. Its colorful form of banded burgundy edges and a burgundy center gives way to the spiraled, emerald green leaves. The vibrant color is present in both juvenile and mature leaves and its striking color combination adds dimension and flair to any container garden or partially sunny windowsill.
|Sun Requirement||Partial Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||60|
Tips for Success:
• Place in good light; some direct sunlight is needed.
• Accurate watering – Bring plant to a slight wilt between
• Moderate fertilizer once a month. Stop fertilizer in the winter.
• Keep humidity above 50% and night temperatures above
• Growth cycle slows and stops for 2-3 months in the winter.
Plants can lose some leaves during this resting period.
This is normal. Continue normal watering.
• Use terra cotta or clay pots.
• Keep an eye out for mildew to which Rexes have some
• Identify - Appears as a white powder on the surface of the
leaves, usually at the change of seasons.
• Treatment - Apply a baking soda solution -1Tbl/quart with a
dribble of dishwashing detergent.
• Application - Spray at first signs and reapply every other day for
• Prevention - Spray once every 3 months. Pure Neem Oil is
effective on mildew.
very pretty Review by Amanda
How do you rate this product?
Not usually a fan of begonias, bought this after seeing it in person. The leaves are very striking. It has been a reliable and easy grower in my home. (Posted on 6/22/2015)