|Sun Requirement||Full Sun|
|Minimum Temperature Indoors||60|
Tips for Success:
• Sun, sun and more sun.
• They are warm-growing plants and suffer if subjected to
cool temperatures over extended periods. As a rule, keep
temperatures above 65°F, especially in the winter.
• Water on visual soil dryness or plant wilt. Severe wilt can hurt
them. Careful watering is critical during the winter or anytime
when the light level is low and temperatures are cool.
• Under high light and warm temperatures they are
heavy feeders and need a balanced fertilizer applied
on a regular basis. A fertilizer like Dyna Gro “Grow” 7-9-5 will
help induce blooms.
• Flowering varies widely between varieties. Full sun, warm
temperatures, a balanced fertilizer and careful attention to
watering will produce the best results for your hibiscus.
• Growing Outrageously Colorful Tropical Hibiscus
• Tropical Hibiscus - A Swirl of Color
• Know Your Roots for Optimum Plant Health
• Choosing Containers, Pots and Vessels for your Plants
• Care and Culture of Hibiscus